Sunday, January 12, 2014

Capsicum Masala




I did not know a curry can be prepared from capsicum until my friend Bhavya got it for the lunch box. It tasted so good with chapathis. I asked her the recipe and prepared it on the next day. My husband doesn't like capsicum in any form. So I was worried whether he will taste it or not. To my surprise he tasted it and liked it too.. The capsicum or bell pepper get cooked in no time. That is what I like about these capsicums. Their shape is so funny and yet they look cute :).  I always admire their beauty when I see them lying in the basket. I feel they are waiting to be cuddled. :). Oh no... Don't blush dear capsicum. I will stop praising you. All right today's recipe is capsicum masala and this is a perfect side dish for the chapathis. Very easy to make and tasty. Do try and let me know. 


Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time     : 10 mins
Serves               : 2-3

Ingredients :
2 large green capsicum or bell pepper
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
5-6 curry leaves 
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 medium sized onion chopped
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon lime or lemon juice

Method :

Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seed. let them crackle. Add curry leaves and saute it for some time. 

Add chopped onion and salt, saute till transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.

Now add capsicums and cook them on medium heat stirring continuously. When they are half done add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder, garam masala and combine every thing well. Cook till done. 

Just before switching off the flame squeeze lemon juice and mix well. 

                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment