Sunday, December 8, 2013

Egg Gravy

I had tried different variations of egg gravy earlier and nothing suited my taste buds. After trying so many recipes, I wanted to make a perfect egg gravy. Now this egg gravy has become a standard recipe in my kitchen. I have adapted this recipe from the book Sambardo, written by J. B. Lobo. But I have twisted some of the ingredients according to my taste. This egg curry tastes so heavenly and it is superb with rice, chapathis or dosas.



Preparation time : 20 mins 
Serves                   : 3-4 people 
Recipe Source    : Sambardo, J. B. Lobo

Ingredients :
Boiled eggs 6-7
1 tablespoon ghee or oil
Salt to taste

For grinding:
1.5 cups fresh or frozen coconut
5-6 Byadgi chillies 
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 large onion chopped
1 small marble sized tamarind ball
3-4 garlic cloves
3-4 peppercorns
Half teaspoon turmeric powder


Method: 

Grind all the ingredients listed under grinding section in a blender by adding little water into a smooth paste.

Remove the shells of the eggs and make 3-4 cuts on the eggs. 

Heat oil or ghee in a pan and fry the masala until the raw smell of coconut goes off completely 

Add salt and drop the egg and cook for 5 minutes.Turn off the heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment